About Me

My photo
Funky, colourful person. Mother to my 3 year old daughter, love going out and having a drink with friends and dancing to music of all sorts, living a very stressful life which is unlikely to change any time soon, doing the best i can with what i have. Im a very loyal person and am well known for chatting the hind legs off a donkey as well as being a great listener. If you need to offload your troubles then im your woman. Tell me anything it will never go any further. Im a giver and a sharer and care a lot for people and im open minded to the point if im not careful my brain will fall out of my head.... I make spelling mistakes, but im busy, forgive me.... Everything happens for a reason, we just don't always know what that reason is..

Monday 18 October 2010

OMG i am a student mental health nurse!!!

So its my 4th week at university, I am studying mental health nursing, 2 years ago I would have never even thought that I would be doing what I am now, its crazy...maybe that's why I have ended up doing what I am... because everyone has always said I am a little mad.

I start my 1st placement on the 22nd November, yes I am scared and nervous, but if I can get through this and out the other side (its 6 weeks) without too much harm then I can rejoice. Got my student nurse uniform last week, its hideous, its a white tunic and navy blue trousers, bad fitting but that's the NHS for you, god knows how they expect me to keep a white tunic white, what with all the things I am sure ill be doing, nursing is not a clean sport I can tell you!!!

I am worried about my maths, as to be a nurse it is very important to be able to do drug calculations, my first test didn't go too well, must keep practising, it is hard as there is so much to do, what with assignments, homework maths work and researching by reading tons of books, journals and websites, honestly to be a nurse you need a few heads and a couple of extra brains to boot. I hope I can live up to the expectations...

Tomorrow is the first time I will not be going into uni,I have a funeral to go to, its so sad, but I will have extra catching up to do, but sometimes some things just have to take priority and being there for your nearest and dearest is paramount.

No comments:

Post a Comment