About Me

My photo
Funky, colourful person. Mother to my 3 year old daughter, love going out and having a drink with friends and dancing to music of all sorts, living a very stressful life which is unlikely to change any time soon, doing the best i can with what i have. Im a very loyal person and am well known for chatting the hind legs off a donkey as well as being a great listener. If you need to offload your troubles then im your woman. Tell me anything it will never go any further. Im a giver and a sharer and care a lot for people and im open minded to the point if im not careful my brain will fall out of my head.... I make spelling mistakes, but im busy, forgive me.... Everything happens for a reason, we just don't always know what that reason is..

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Trust induction day and pre-placement visit

Yesterday I had my trust induction ready for when I start my placement on Monday, there was about 20 of us there all mental health students from various classes in our cohort, In my class I am the only MH student (the rest are child or adult). Many of them seemed to know each other so I felt a little left out, it seems a shame that when they divvied up the classes they didn't put more than one of each discipline in each class. So I will effectively have to wait until next year when we are split into our branch classes to properly meet and make friends with some other mental health students. I def felt like the last kid picked for PE back in the days of school.

Anyway I made the effort to chat to some others and the day was quite all right, I heard from my friends who went to their branch trust induction days that their's were quite boring. We got to hear from 2 different service users who were quite interesting to hear their stories and then other stuff relevant to our placements etc, we even got a free hot meal for lunch provided, more than what my friends received.

Today I rang my placement again and confirmed that I will be going in tomorrow for my pre-placement visit which is to last about 3 hours or so and what it was OK to wear as we don't have to wear our uniform there, so I didn't want to turn up looking too business like or too comfy, sticking out like a sore thumb is something I want to steer clear from. So I have to be there at 1pm which I am quite glad of as my friend is at her's from 7:30am eeeek!!!

Tonight I have spent the evening deciding on what to wear and filling out some of my practice learning document, there is so much stuff to it and it is so confusing, many bits we can do now before we start placement so why not get the bits done I can actually do, and then I might actually get some rest when I get home from placement instead of sitting up late filling out the dam thing. Why don't universities make it easier to understand? I might even treat myself to an early night tonight, how lucky am I?!

Will let you know how tomorrow goes when I return... fingers crossed it goes well for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment