About Me

My photo
Funky, colourful person. Mother to my 3 year old daughter, love going out and having a drink with friends and dancing to music of all sorts, living a very stressful life which is unlikely to change any time soon, doing the best i can with what i have. Im a very loyal person and am well known for chatting the hind legs off a donkey as well as being a great listener. If you need to offload your troubles then im your woman. Tell me anything it will never go any further. Im a giver and a sharer and care a lot for people and im open minded to the point if im not careful my brain will fall out of my head.... I make spelling mistakes, but im busy, forgive me.... Everything happens for a reason, we just don't always know what that reason is..

Sunday 25 September 2011

Study time... ARGH!


Yep, that's right, it is only 2 more sleeps and then i have to go into uni for my induction day to start my 2nd year and the beginning of my mental health branch programme which is for the last 2yrs until i qualify.. The time has literally flown by.


Due to various things happening to me during the summer holidays i have not done as much reading as i would have liked.. I am really annoyed with myself, but most of it could not be helped, having a 3yr old child about makes it a no-go for trying to study, same with having a best mate in hospital (see earlier blog post *My friend Hind*) and then there is the worry of trying to survive on no money and have a life..So i am now trying to get in as much reading as i can, also continuing to try and get my maths learnt as much as possible, got to learn those drug calculations so i don't fail the exam we will have later next year.

I find the stuff i am reading about so interesting, but some of it is so confusing and detailed the last few days I have been reading about neurobiology and psycopharmacology, it is fascinating, but bloody hard to get your head round it. Then there is the placement i am starting in a week’s time, which will be in a ward based environment and it is to do with the early onset of dementia, I am trying to read up as much as I can about that and the sort of things I will be doing whilst I am working there.. So much to do and so little time to do it all in. I foresee a lot of late nights ahead.

This week I need to make it count and that means putting some serious study time in, no messing.. 


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I love the logic of the last part of this post.... it's so true :)

    ReplyDelete