About Me

My photo
Funky, colourful person. Mother to my 3 year old daughter, love going out and having a drink with friends and dancing to music of all sorts, living a very stressful life which is unlikely to change any time soon, doing the best i can with what i have. Im a very loyal person and am well known for chatting the hind legs off a donkey as well as being a great listener. If you need to offload your troubles then im your woman. Tell me anything it will never go any further. Im a giver and a sharer and care a lot for people and im open minded to the point if im not careful my brain will fall out of my head.... I make spelling mistakes, but im busy, forgive me.... Everything happens for a reason, we just don't always know what that reason is..

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Drug Calculations Tests....ARGH!!!

Today was a day for maths. Maths has the ability to turn my brain into spaghetti junction.

I spent the afternoon with Emily and we worked through our drug calculations tests, my god, its enough to to turn anyone's brain to mush. but together we managed to work quite a few things out and got through some of the tests. These tests were like practice ones, we don't get officially marked on them, but they can see our attempts and where we are putting in the incorrect answers etc.

When I came home I had my dinner and then decided to continue with the drug calculations, I was going at a nice stead pace, or so I thought, but there is always a question to stump me!!!

Here is a list of the tests I did tonight when I got home:

38 drug_calculations_introduction_5_rights
39 time_24_hour_clock
40 configuring_drug_calculation_software
41 Oral medicines
42 drug_calculations_oral_1_tablets
43 drug_calculations_oral_2_liquds
44 drug_calculations_oral_3_measure
45 Injections: equipment & materials
46 injections_syringe_labelled
47 injections_ampoules_vials_1
48 injections_ampoules_vials_2
49 injections_syringe_insulin
50 Injection volumes
51 calculating_injection_volumes
52 injections_volumes_pethidine_1
53 injections_volumes_morphine_1

Some of these tests were filling in the blanks in a paragraph, some were just normal sums, some had only a few questions some had loads of questions, if you got a question wrong then it would tell you which ones you got right and the ones you got wrong so you could do it again. My head is hot right now, my brain on fire, I have worked hard this evening. Time for a rest!!!

Who ever said nursing was just looking after patients?! My god it is so much more and a cherry on top!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment