About Me

My photo
Funky, colourful person. Mother to my 3 year old daughter, love going out and having a drink with friends and dancing to music of all sorts, living a very stressful life which is unlikely to change any time soon, doing the best i can with what i have. Im a very loyal person and am well known for chatting the hind legs off a donkey as well as being a great listener. If you need to offload your troubles then im your woman. Tell me anything it will never go any further. Im a giver and a sharer and care a lot for people and im open minded to the point if im not careful my brain will fall out of my head.... I make spelling mistakes, but im busy, forgive me.... Everything happens for a reason, we just don't always know what that reason is..

Monday 25 October 2010

Health promotion, prevention, injections and being a wimp.

Today was spent in small groups during class discussing health promotion and health prevention "prevention is always better than cure" This last class has really helped to give me much more of an insight into how to continue my "different ways of looking at health" essay.

Tomorrow I am going to go to uni for the afternoon to the uni campus there and get stuck into my essay and some other uni work, got to be home though by 6pm to go to my appointment at my GP to see the nurse for a Hep B injection, I have to have this before I can go on my placements, I can categorically say I do not want to be injected with it, but that's cos I am a wimp and so I am def not going to want to have my MMR jab which I have since found out from a blood test they did at occ health at St Pancras Hospital that I am not immune, ARGH I hate injections... Time to man up though, if I am going to be a nurse better get over this fear quickly...

Took the evening off from studying tonight as what with the next 3 days being used to do lots of uni work I thought I'd treat myself with an early night. So I'd better get off this computer and go to bed soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment