About Me

My photo
Funky, colourful person. Mother to my 3 year old daughter, love going out and having a drink with friends and dancing to music of all sorts, living a very stressful life which is unlikely to change any time soon, doing the best i can with what i have. Im a very loyal person and am well known for chatting the hind legs off a donkey as well as being a great listener. If you need to offload your troubles then im your woman. Tell me anything it will never go any further. Im a giver and a sharer and care a lot for people and im open minded to the point if im not careful my brain will fall out of my head.... I make spelling mistakes, but im busy, forgive me.... Everything happens for a reason, we just don't always know what that reason is..

Saturday 23 October 2010

Wearing my uniform

Yesterday was the first day of wearing our student nurses uniform to class. This is something we will have to do every Friday for our skills sessions. I had such a hard time on Thursday night though taking up the dam things, I mean they make them for the tallest people on earth and then the shortest people then have the task of taking them up. What a nightmare!!! (I hate wonderweb with a passion)

Anyway I was given a horrible pure white tunic to wear for my NHS trust placements and am in a minority of people, as the rest of the people in my class get to wear a much more user friendly blue and white striped tunics. I already got a huge tea stain on the front of mine, so you can see how the rest of the year is going to go. I will look like a rainbow by the end of it!!!

Spent the first half of the day writing stuff about different things from stuff we had shown to us on the overhead projector and then the second half of the day was in the skills room and we were back in our groups of 4 and taking each other temperature and also having another go at taking each others blood pressure. I think I have got the hang of the blood pressure taking but to be sure (as we have an assessment on this soon) me and a friend have gone halfs on a sphygmomanometer (blood pressure taking machine)so we can practice on each other, just waiting for it to arrive in the post.

Taking temperature is quite easy, although I couldn't quite get the hang of how to read the little disposable ones. But I might have just been being a bit thick! It is really quite hard to try and learn how to take someone's bloody pressure in a room with 20 other students all there, most of them talking while they are doing it which means trying to hear a pulse through the stethoscope with lots of voices to ass in to the mix (not easy)

I have to say though it was quite nice knowing I had to wear my uniform to uni and not have to think about what I was going to wear, the bonus of it was it was nice and warm so I didn't think I needed to wear more layers to keep warm in this typical british weather...brr..

Now it's time to enjoy a relaxing weekend and then come Monday, it will be back to work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment