About Me

My photo
Funky, colourful person. Mother to my 3 year old daughter, love going out and having a drink with friends and dancing to music of all sorts, living a very stressful life which is unlikely to change any time soon, doing the best i can with what i have. Im a very loyal person and am well known for chatting the hind legs off a donkey as well as being a great listener. If you need to offload your troubles then im your woman. Tell me anything it will never go any further. Im a giver and a sharer and care a lot for people and im open minded to the point if im not careful my brain will fall out of my head.... I make spelling mistakes, but im busy, forgive me.... Everything happens for a reason, we just don't always know what that reason is..

Monday 8 November 2010

Handed my 1st essay in. Phew!

Today was the hand in date for my 1st essay. So last night I finally finished putting together my references at the end of my essay, did I tell you how much I hate having to do referencing before, well if not I DO!!! It is hard enough writing the flipping thing for then to have to make sure you have put the reference on properly at the end. Why can the not just all be the same as well, I mean you have the Harvard referencing and then there are other types, it would make it much easier to have everybody using the same to stop confusion. RANT OVER...

Put my completed essay through "Turnitin" which is this special programme the university uses to check your work for any plagiarism and was very happy with my result. But boy it was nerve racking as all I could think was "I hope I didn't read something and then use it in my essay forgetting that I have read it and thinking it is my own idea" Today I handed in the hard copy to the teacher, so hopefully if all goes well I shall get my feedback from the essay next Monday. As it is only a formative essay it wont be graded but will have feedback and advice on how good it is and where I might need to work more on my subject etc.

Some other people in my class had a huge percentage of their work showing as similar mine was only 17% which is very good as that was basically the references and the title and statement used by everybody in the beginning which we then have to argue it within the essay, makes you wonder how people can have such a high similarity mark... considering the essay was only 750 words for someone having 40% that's almost half their entire essay!!

Right I'm famished and need to eat some food and relax for a bit, only just got in from uni and I have lots of homework to do this evening, got an annotated bibliography to start and finish by this Friday and I am still not quite sure how to do it yet, so need to crack on with that..

No comments:

Post a Comment