About Me

My photo
Funky, colourful person. Mother to my 3 year old daughter, love going out and having a drink with friends and dancing to music of all sorts, living a very stressful life which is unlikely to change any time soon, doing the best i can with what i have. Im a very loyal person and am well known for chatting the hind legs off a donkey as well as being a great listener. If you need to offload your troubles then im your woman. Tell me anything it will never go any further. Im a giver and a sharer and care a lot for people and im open minded to the point if im not careful my brain will fall out of my head.... I make spelling mistakes, but im busy, forgive me.... Everything happens for a reason, we just don't always know what that reason is..

Friday 5 November 2010

The respiratory system, peak flow, blood pressure and temperature (+ me feeling ill)

Another Friday done and dusted. Today back at uni and back in our nursing uniforms, started off the day with a different teacher as our one was off sick!!! But it showed us that so far we do not seemed to have learnt as much as we should. This teacher was going through the stuff we have done on the cardiovascular system and also skin, Well all I can say is it is time to get my head even more stuck in the books than before. He told us of the major tests we will be doing in February and it scared us shitless, do not want to fail because I feel I have not done enough...

Then in the afternoon for the skills session, we learnt about peak flow charts and how to do them properly, I learnt my lung capacity is not what it should be for my age, but all I can think of is that I am feeling unwell at the moment. We then did some more temperature taking, where I found out that I have a raised temperature and with the way I am feeling now this evening (glands started to get swollen and sore throat and headache) I can foresee that tomorrow I shall be feeling quite rough... *sigh*

We had another practice at doing blood pressure and I am getting even better at it now, and then lastly I took a few pictures of things that were going on in our skills room. Overall it was quite day, tomorrow I assuming I feel well enough will be doing much more reading and trying to get some of this anatomy and physiology into my brain...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment